Hello All Tam Heather Members,
Tam Heather would like to welcome all NEW Tennis members, as well as all of the returning members for the 2022/23 Winter season.
Back to Basics!
With Covid in the rearview mirror (for the most part), Tam is happy to be able to start the 2022 winter season without any restrictions in place. We will continue to follow the Public Health guidelines and Provincial guidance as we move forward. Please do what makes YOU comfortable! Some members may choose to continue masking and some members will not, both are acceptable, let’s be kind and respectful to each other in remembering this.
New This Season!
We are happy to announce that Tam has initiated a new volunteer run Tennis Committee this year. This committee has seven members, who have already met once and will continue to meet on a monthly basis to discuss the overall needs within the Tam Tennis section.
Why? The principles of the committee are:
- to shape and support the tennis program at Tam Heather
- to encourage and support members of all ages to play tennis
- to ensure that the tennis section is run using existing resources
- to work closely with the club’s General Manager on maintenance issues, marketing, fundraising, social events, feedback, and tennis program development
Who? Tam Heather's New Tennis Committee Members:
Diane Lang - Tennis Liaison
Lionel Eli - Tennis Director
A Few Reminders as Tennis returns for Winter Play:
1) The bell that rings at the 55 minute mark tells players to finish their play promptly, pick up balls and exit before the hour mark. Oncoming players should not enter the courts until the ending players have finished and left. The bell that rings at the hour mark signals the start play for the next group.
2) Divider nets closed is the default position. Only if everyone involved agrees should the divider nets be opened between two courts.
3) Non-members are not allowed to play in any court booking unless they are signed in as guests. A daytime tennis member who plays during evenings and weekends is required to pay the guest fee at those times.
4) Any outerwear should be hung on the coat racks located next to the bleachers. Outside shoes and boots need to be removed in the dome entryway prior to stepping out on the courts as we are trying to keep any salt and dirt off the play areas.
6) The kitchen will open on Tuesday, October 11th and the operating hours are 8:30am-7:30pm Monday to Friday. Tennis members are cordially invited to come to the clubhouse to use the locker rooms, lounge, and bar for beverages, snacks and meals.
Please click to read: Tennis Policy at Tam Heather
Tam Team Updates:
||Tam Heather would like to officially announce that Jason Leneeuw has accepted the position of General Manager at Tam Heather. Jason brings over 25 years of experience and leadership, in both the private and public sports facilities sector, and is an active Level 3 Ice Technician. Jason is an avid curler and car enthusiast.
||Tam Heather also welcomes Tony Chin to the Front Office Clerk position. Tony has been a member at Tam for 18 years and currently holds the Membership position on the Tam Heather Board of Directors. Tony is a huge Blue Jays fan and working as an usher for the regular season home games- Go Jays!
We wish everyone a great year of tennis activities, whether it be as part of a league, inter club team competition, lessons or individual play.