The Tam Heather Board of Directors regrets having to take the extraordinary action of closing the club for play.
Curling play is suspended effective March 13 due to the health concerns of COVID-19 and the nature of the transmission of the virus. The only exception will be the Ivan MacDonald bonspiel on Saturday March 14.
All League Closing banquets have also been postponed until further notice. You will receive further updates in this regard.
Effective 11:00pm tonight, Saturday Mar 14, tennis play was suspended until April 5th, at which time the impact of the COVID-19 VIRUS was to be reviewed to determine whether or not tennis should be resumed. Due to the continued necessity for social distancing, tennis play has now been suspended until further notice.
Tam Heather Board of Directors
With the recent news and events worldwide in association with the CORONA VIRUS (COVID-19), the Tam Heather Curling & Tennis Club encourages all Members to be proactive with the following prevention practices:
- Abstain from customary handshakes pre/post game. We suggest elbow bumping or a nod or use other forms of non-contact greetings.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and running water.
- Bring your own personal hand sanitizer to use. Lysol/Clorox wipes are also a good idea to wipe down rock handles. Unfortunately with all the hoarding/stockpiling that is happening, the Club’s suppliers are currently out of stock of hand sanitizer and wipes. The Club only has hand sanitizer available in the handicap and downstairs washrooms and at both ends of the tennis dome.
- Cover your cough. When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with flexed elbow or use a tissue. Then dispose of tissue immediately.
- Avoid touching your face.
Stay home if you are feeling sick or have any symptoms associated with the virus.
Saturday, April 4th / 2020
Toronto Ladies Summer League Division A3
3:00 - 4:00pm
ALL LEAGUES LOOKING FOR PLAYERS!!!
Please refer to the OTA Player Rating Scale posted in the Vestibule
All tennis members interested in trying out for a team or league at Tam Heather Curling &Tennis Club must attend tryouts. If you are unavailable to attend tryouts on the date posted, you must contact the team captain or league coordinator at least 3 weeks before the tryout date to arrange another tryout date.
(ALL TRYOUTS WILL BE ASSESSED BY CLUB COACHES)
Are you looking for a tennis game? We can help!
Tam Heather has introduced an electronic bulletin board where you can post your availability to play and reach out to others who would also like to play.
To view the game board, log into the Tam website and navigate to Tennis Info > Game Board.
You can also edit your availability from this page as well as send emails.
In air supported structures such as ours, the front door doesn't always close for a variety of reasons. When it doesn't close, an alarm sounds. We are looking at various mechanical changes/fixes that we can make to ensure the door closes properly. In the meantime though, to prevent these alarms, please be sure to always close the door behind you upon entering or exiting the dome. Your help is appreciated.
Congratulations to the following winners of a pair of GSOC Players Challenge tickets.
|Tuesday April 7||7:00pm||Terry Sedor|
|Wednesday April 8||8:00am||Henry Lin|
|Wednesday April 8||12:00pm||Peter Cressatti|
|Wednesday April 8||4:00pm||Carol Rydzkowski|
|Wednesday April 8||8:00pm||Christine Hughes|
|Thursday April 9||8:00am||Joanne Brennan|
|Thursday April 9||12:00pm||Sian Heard|
|Thursday April 9||4:00pm||John Ellis|
|Thursday April 9||8:00pm||Dave Mol|
|Friday April 10||8:00am||Bob Griffith|
|Friday April 10||12:00pm||Brian Belyea|
|Friday April 10||4:00pm||Hamid Momeji|
|Friday April 10||8:00pm||Jim Elliott|
|Saturday April 11||8:00am||Ellie Vejdani|
|Saturday April 11||12:00pm||Gord Edney|
|Saturday April 11||4:00pm||Bill Stoveld|
|Saturday April 11||8:00pm||Robin Bates|
|Sunday April 12||12:00pm||Donna Sutton|
|Sunday April 12||4:00pm||Rick Mahoney|
And to everyone else, please be sure to enter promo code TCATAM when buying your tickets to get a chance to play on the GSOC ice following the Friday night draw of the 2020 Princess Auto Players’ Championship at Mattamy Athletic Centre (April 10th)
If you’ve been following our blog on the Tam website, you’ll have read about the promotion that the TCA is running in conjunction with the upcoming Players Championship at the Mattamy Centre April 7 to 12. And even if you haven’t noticed it on our blog, you must have wondered why Emma Miskew is constantly standing outside our club office entrance.
Tam Heather members should use the code TCATAM to purchase tickets to the Players' Championship in April. The club with the most tickets purchased will get a sheet of ice at Mattamy Centre (old Maple Leaf Gardens) to play a game.
- Join the Princess Auto TCA Challenge by purchasing tickets to the 2020 Princess Auto Players’ Championship!
- Enter promo code TCATAM when buying tickets and your team could be playing its final on Grand Slam Ice!
- Five TCA Clubs will win a chance to play their final at Mattamy Athletic Centre following the Friday night draw of the 2020 Princess Auto Players’ Championship at Mattamy Athletic Centre (April 10th)
- As a thank you to the TCA, Princess Auto will donate $10,000 to the TCA and Junior Curling in support of growing the game
And as an additional thank you for participating, each club is receiving a pair of all-event passes. In past years, we’ve given one lucky winner the tickets to all 19 games; but not this year. This year we’re going to spread out the fun by drawing 19 names.
So, our first lucky winner of 2 tickets to the 7:00pm draw on Tuesday April 7 is Terry Sedor. Congratulations!!!!
Stay tuned, we’ll be drawing names for the rest of the tickets later this week.
A friendly reminder to all members to watch their speed and be mindful of the 40 km per hour speed limit on Military Trail as it is now being enforced by speed cameras.
Come join us and play in the Anything Goes Bonspiel on March 6 and 7.
It is an Open event. Click HERE to download the registration flyer. Second Draw almost full. Early Draw could use several more teams.
- Entry Fee: $280 per team 3 Games – Total Points Spiel – 2 Draws
- Draw 1 - Friday 7pm, Sat. 10am & 2pm Draw 2 – Friday 9pm, Sat. Noon & 4pm
- Great Cash Prizes & others including draw prizes and 50/50 draw
- Friday Night – Snacks & Jug of Beer or 4 Glasses of Wine per Team
- Saturday – Morning Coffee & Eye Openers, Dinner with Bottle of Wine per Team & then an evening with DJMike44.com & Dancing
Let's not make it an early night for DJ Mike.
Congratulations to Team Fairburn for scoring an eight ender in the first end of their Business Women Skips Entry game on Feb 19.
Skip: Lorie Fairburn
Vice: Lorna Higgins
Second: Sharon Banwell
Lead: Gail Cadieux
Submitted by: Lorna Higgins
Attention all Curlers!
Prime Rib Dinner Special
Sunday Feb 23
Call 416-284-9253 to reserve