Director: Lionel Eli
Coaching Staff: Advait Kirtane, David Fisher
High Performance Tennis is a highly focused, personalized, training program designed to help each player further develop all aspects of their game, i.e., technical abilities, strategies, and mental and physical acumen. Our goal is for each player to reach their personal maximum potential.
- EXPERT COACHING STAFF: Lionel Eli directs the program. Each coach is personally selected by Lionel.
- GAME STYLE: Students will develop individual game styles based on personal vision, on-court personality, physical attributes, and weapons.
- STRATEGY, TACTICS AND SHOT SELECTION, & PATTERN DEVELOPMENT: Each player will develop a clear understanding of their basic strategy as a player. Additionally, emphasis will be placed on learning high percentage “generic” tactics and shot selection, as well as, personalized tactics which highlight the player’s individual weapons.
- MOVEMENT – Footwork, Tracking, Recovery, Positioning: Player’s speed/agility, balance, and quickness on court will be assessed and explored. Additionally, recommendations will be made to the player regarding extra work with our physical training experts.
- PHYSICAL TRAINING/ATHLETIC DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM: Maximizing each player’s athletic potential is a major goal of the program. Players will participate in a high-performance physical training program
- MENTAL CONDITIONING: Developing the mental skills and discipline to enable the player to reach their full competitive potential is a key component of the program. Players will work on these skills on and off the court daily.
- SINGLES PLAY: Point situation play, set play and match play will be an integral part of the program
- PLAYER TO COACH RATIO: Maximum 4 to 1 player to coach ratio or less at all times. Due to the limited number of playelrs accepted into the program, there will be a significant amount of personal attention given to each player.
- VIDEO ANALYSIS: Each player can be videotaped for analysis, aiding in the development of their game.
For more information and to register visit our Programs and Clinics page
Although outdoor clubs/courts were allowed to open in Phase 1 and have been open for a few weeks, and the Province has now allowed Toronto to proceed to Phase 2, Tam Heather is subject to City approval for opening. Sadly, our courts must remain closed as the City takes the necessary time to analyze the results of the initial reopenings before deciding what businesses/activities to include next.
With OTA Guidelines for Phase 2 specifying that there be no camps or leagues, and two (2) months of summer play already lost, summer membership numbers will be too small to cover the usual operating costs (lighting, air conditioning, etc.), much less the additional staffing, cleaning costs, and equipment purchases needed to comply with the new safety protocols. Consequently, the Tam Heather Board of Directors has made the difficult decision to stay closed for the remainder of the summer and concentrate on being ready for a fall reopening.
The safety of members and staff is our key concern. We hope you understand and agree with this decision and look forward to seeing you again on the courts in the Fall.
Thinking of trying the sport of curling?
Curling is a unique sport that requires both skill and strategy. It is often referred to as chess on ice. It is a lifelong sport that can be learned at any age. Whether playing in a fun league or in a competitive ladder the emphasis is always on sportsmanship and fair play. Being a social sport by nature, it is not uncommon for teams to socialize off the ice where lasting friendships are often made.