Tam Heather, or the “Tam” as we call it, is an active friendly club located in the Morningside and 401 community of Scarborough. Tam Heather opened in 1973 as a curling club with eight sheets of ice, then two years later in 1975, the club expanded by adding five tennis courts, three of which were covered in the winter with a bubble. Thirty four years later, in 2009, a four court year-round covered structure was built.
Tam Heather is run by a Board of Directors elected by the Members of both the Curling and Tennis divisions. The club offers excellent instructional, recreational and competitive programs for residents in the surrounding community and Greater Metro Toronto Area. Whether a beginner, seasoned or competitive player, we have a place for you in one of our divisions. You may join as a family, as a team or as a single. Everyone is welcomed and quickly finds themselves relaxed and at home at Tam.
Currently the club has over 500 curling members and over 300 tennis members. In addition, Tam Heather is home to the "Venerables", the largest senior men's curling league in the world with approximately 200 members.
Throughout the curling season, the club provides ice to various rental leagues. For more information on renting curling ice or tennis courts check out the club Facilities section.If available, non-members may book either the tennis courts or the curling ice on a pay as you play basis.
Members and guests enjoy a safe, clean and friendly environment with the following amenities:
- Eight sheets of curling ice available seven days a week during the curling season;
- Four tennis courts permanently covered. Heated in winter. Air conditioned in summer;
- The large upper lounge has a well stocked bar, double sided fireplace, colour TVs, full view of the curling ice, dance floor and dining area;
- The lower lounge also has a bar, fireplace and dance floor. More suitable for small group meetings or functions;
- Licensed patio overlooking a courtyard and the tennis dome;
- A pro shop carrying a complete line of curling and tennis equipment, and offering a racquet restringing service;
- Separate men's and ladies' locker rooms with showers, sauna and towel service;
- An excellent kitchen providing lunches and dinners in the licensed dining area. Snacks are provided at the snack bar in the upper lounge. Catering is available for all functions in the club.
The club is also available for private rentals; either the upper or lower lounge may be booked for special events such as weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, meetings or dances.