With the recent news and events worldwide in association with the CORONA VIRUS (COVID-19), the Tam Heather Curling & Tennis Club encourages all Members to be proactive with the following prevention practices:
- Abstain from customary handshakes pre/post game. We suggest elbow bumping or a nod or use other forms of non-contact greetings.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and running water.
- Bring your own personal hand sanitizer to use. Lysol/Clorox wipes are also a good idea to wipe down rock handles. Unfortunately with all the hoarding/stockpiling that is happening, the Club’s suppliers are currently out of stock of hand sanitizer and wipes. The Club only has hand sanitizer available in the handicap and downstairs washrooms and at both ends of the tennis dome.
- Cover your cough. When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with flexed elbow or use a tissue. Then dispose of tissue immediately.
- Avoid touching your face.
Stay home if you are feeling sick or have any symptoms associated with the virus.