This seven week program is designed to introduce new curlers to the game of curling. Whether you sign up as a couple, with a friend or by yourself, you will be introduced to the basics of the game. No need to become a member of the club. Instruction is given by qualified, experienced curlers from the club, who will share their enthusiasm for the sport through class discussion, video presentations by some of the top curlers in Canada and, of course, on ice practice and games.
Saturday, November 30, 2019
Registration deadline: October 31, 2019
- One draw: 2 x 8 end games (first game 9:30am, second game 1:00pm)
- Classic points-spiel format
- Curlers between 12-17 years of age as of June 30
- Team Composition: Open format. Boys, Girls or Mixed
- Lunch provided for curlers between games
- "Draw to the Button Challenge" after the first game
- On-line Registration *NEW for 2019*
- Adult fees are $80. With this offer, bring a new member and you each pay $40 plus tax.
- Junior, Student and Senior fees are $60. With this offer, bring a new member and you each pay $30 plus tax.
Jitneys are social evenings held on selected Saturday nights in the new year. This is curling strictly for fun. Put a team together ... bring your friends, family, new curlers, anyone. Sign up, come out and have a great time. The cost is $180 per sheet of ice ($22.50 per person). That includes curling, snacks and a DJ. Ice times of 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm are available. Plan to come a little early to get your group ready for going on the ice.
Thinking of trying the sport of curling?
Curling is a unique sport that requires both skill and strategy. It is often referred to as chess on ice. It is a lifelong sport that can be learned at any age. Whether playing in a fun league or in a competitive ladder the emphasis is always on sportsmanship and fair play. Being a social sport by nature, it is not uncommon for teams to socialize off the ice where lasting friendships are often made.